What is Adiponectin and Why You Need it If You Want to Lose Weight?.
- As a person who has a hard time losing weight no matter what I eat or how much I exercise… I am always on the look-out for something that will give me an edge.
- This is why, when I was watching the Dr. Oz show last year and he mentioned a fat burning hormone I had never heard of, "adiponectin", my ears pricked up.
- Did you know research actually shows there is an inverse relationship between adiponectin levels in your body and the amount of fat you carry?
- In simple terms…
The Higher Your Adiponectin Levels Are… The LESS Fat You Will Carry
Even better, higher levels of adiponectin are associated with:
- Increased insulin sensitivity
- More calorie burning
- Curbing appetite
- Increasing muscle efficiency
Based on this information (and some facts I will reveal later) it is very obvious that, if you are overweight… adiponectin is something you want more of.
So I went on a quest to figure out how to raise my adiponectin levels and read everything I could, including all the information from the celebrity doctors I trust.
The good news is that my research led me to discover *natural* ways to increase adiponectin levels
The bad news is that most companies advertising adiponectin supplements did NOT pass my smell test.
How To Raise Your Adiponectin Levels Naturally?
What is really encouraging is that there are certain things you can do to raise this fat burning hormone naturally.
- Monounsaturated fats: Research has found that replacing saturated fat with monounsaturated fat caused increases in adiponectin levels. Even better monounsaturated fats seem to redistribute fat away from your belly.You can find monounsaturated fats in: Avocados, Olive oil, Macadamia nuts, Peanuts, Sesame Oil and lean beef from grass fed cows.
- Exercise: Studies have shown that the more you move… the higher your adiponectin levels. Any exercise will do, just make sure to remain consistent. What I also like is that the fatter you are.. the more adiponectin is created through exercise (probably because your fat cells are bigger and adiponectin is created by your fat cells.)
- Fish Oil: High quality omega-3s from fish oil also raise adiponectin levels. Make sure you get at least 2.4 grams a day of pure omega-3s and that it is in triglyceride form.
Expert explains more here!
An Adiponectin Supplement?
This is where you have to be careful. One can't take adiponectin directly, it is a hormone generated by your fat cells. Kind of cool that your fat cells can create a hormone that tells it to burn itself for fuel!
Because of the recent buzz about adiponectin, a lot of companies are claiming to have solutions that increase it. The problem is that most of them, except for one, only use animal studies as evidence.
(And even I know that results from animal studies RARELY work in real human beings like you and me).
After scouring the internet and asking a lot of questions… I found only one supplement that actually PROVES it raises adiponectin levels.
The product is called, Weight Loss Formula No.1, and the doctor who formulated it, Dr. Steven Sisskind, shows real proof in this very informative video he made:
Watch The Video Now <== Click Here
I really like his presentation and it passes my smell test.
Other Hormones For Weight Loss
In Dr. Steve's video, he also addresses three other hormones: ghrelin, insulin, and cortisol that all have a dramatic effect on your waistline.
Adiponectin and Ghrelin
In this case, these are hormones we want to reduce to lose fat. Ghrelin makes you hungry, too much insulin causes you to lay down fat, and too much cortisol leads to excess belly fat.
In his video, Dr. Steve explains how too much of these hormones (plus low adiponectin levels) can make it impossible to lose fat… even if you are doing everything right.
He also shows you natural ways to get them in balance.
Then what I really love (since I love the supplements that actually work) he shows you all natural, clinically studied ingredients that can help you with this process. He does not claim miracles, just ingredients that reward good eating behavior.
I find this refreshing.
You may be wondering why I left out Leptin? It turns out that leptin levels are not a good indicator of your fat burning potential. It worked in mice, but not in humans.
The big issue is leptin resistance… which we can get to at another time (it is very confusing).
You will also learn about this in Dr. Steve's Video.
Video From Yale University About Ghrelin
I will admit that I am a supplement junky, so of course I bought the RealDose product. I also bought a bunch of other supplements claiming to raise adiponectin levels and help us lose weight before I found Dr. Steve's video.
What I can tell you is that none of the other products seemed to do anything. Admittedly I might not have given them enough time. I can say I did not feel different and the pounds did not come off.
I only started on RealDose about 6 weeks ago and what I can tell you is that it definitely makes it easier not to each as much (adiponectin rising, ghrelin lowering I think)… and it for sure makes you feel happier and more energized.
You can see that I am not alone when you read their emails and see the good results that customers have!
You might be asking how much weight I lost? Well, I am more of an inches guy. I do not use a scale. So what I can say is that I have lost a belt buckle size and my face looks a lot thinner.
Most importantly, it is allowing me eat healthier and my sugar cravings have reduced significantly.